In the highest-producing countries, cocoa productivity is hurt by inefficiency, disease, ageing trees, and lack of best practices. There is an acute need for innovative agronomic methods and technologies to secure high-yield and premium quality. Bean & Co will develop modern intensive plantations in order to improve yield, quality, and overall efficiency.
- Increase in trees per hectare from approximately 500-625, to approximately 1,100-1,300
- Mechanized cultivation, enhancing the capabilities of local labor
- Introduction of irrigation, fertilization, and improved varieties
- Phyto-sanitary protection to prevent diseases and pests
- Advanced growing methods and advanced quality processing
- Farming according to ecological laws respecting the environment
- End product of dry beans (after basic processing of drying and fermentation)
- Direct-selling without the need for intermediaries / traders
These technologies and practices will allow our modern plantations to achieve outstanding yield performance and consistent production over time. The projected increase will be 5 to 8 times more than the local average production capacity.